International Auto Shipping
Home Quote FAQ Testimonials Links Contact Us Customs Regulations

Auto shippingMotorcycle shipping
Boat shippingOversized cargo
Household movingFor free quote, please call 888-288-6744

International  Auto Shipping- your one stop solution.Get free quote now!



  • Detailed valued, dated and signed inventory in French
  • Passport (including page showing entry permit)
  • Letter of transfer from the shipper’s employer
  • Copy of the plane ticket
  • Certificate of change of residence
  • Certificate for definitive settlement (for Zairians returning to their country only/customer can get this document at the Zairian Embassy)
  • Air way bill or original ocean bill of lading (no express release accepted)
  • Original auto registration and purchase invoice, if a vehicle is shipped


For diplomatic air/sea shipments, it takes 15 days to obtain the document for free entry (franchise) from the Foreign Ministry and Customs Head Office. The invoice for all electrical and furniture is required and must prove the items are more than 6 months old. New electrical items are subject to payment of customs duties and taxes. Home computers are not accepted as personal effects and will be subject to payment of customs duties and import taxes.


Alcohol and other spirits are prohibited and should be sent separately. Only the mention "fond de cave" (less than 30 bottles) is acceptable.


  • Tax on household goods is approximately 56 percent of CIF value.
  • For a vehicle heavier than 3.5 tons, the tax is 8 percent of the CIF value.
  • For a vehicle not heavier than 3.5 tons, the tax is 46 percent of the CIF value.

NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, Rinkens Moving International cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.